Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Twitter and Facebook Rehab
Sitting here reminiscing about life's simplicity prior to the social network craze. I currently deleted my twitter and I must say this does feel like rehab cause i actually miss it . Too bad it was causing problems in my personal life. People always tend to say how you shouldn't take the Internet so seriously , so why are people loosing they're jobs over it and relationships ruined because of it. Our constant dependency on feeling connected make it hard to step away from, hard to not constantly check your phone for new updates. Its been less than a week without twitter . I only made it two days without face book. The anonymity of the social network has made people forget how to do simple things such as socializing and actually meeting people.It gives anti socials like myself the impression that we are actually socializing that we have friends. Once Face book was gone i Realized how secluded I've become and although it may say 465 friends the friends i have can only be counted with my hands . Only one of those 465 "friends" noticed i was gone , my best friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment